Choosing career and college options can be life changing! The competitive marketplace for higher education can produce stress for the entire family, so getting a head start on this process will benefit you and your child. A College Path consultation will provide you with important information to let you hit the ground running, and give you answers to questions like these:
How can you help my child?
The learning curve is steep and time may be limited. Dr. Hand-Gonzales will individually assist the college bound student, and his or her family through the entire college and application process. She covers everything from college selection to essay writing. She helps the students present their best foot forward. Working with a college advising counselor can leave you feeling less stressed and more in charge of the process. Focusing on a student-centered approach, the high energy, innovative, individual, family, and online college planning solutions she offers through College-Path can reach students, parents and educators across the country. Phone conferencing and Skype sessions are available for your convenience.
My child has an excellent guidance counselor, so why does she need to work with someone other than her guidance/ college counselor on the college admissions process?
Today’s high school guidance counselors are overworked. In addition to handling your child’s college process, they are also responsible for test administration, student discipline, family issues, course selection and more! As a result, it is difficult to give your child the time and attention they may need in this process. As a matter of fact, referrals have come from college counselors in both the private and public schools.
When is the right time to work with a private consultant?
Underclassmen (sophomores, juniors and seniors) are often assisted with the focus on choosing courses, building a test strategy and discussing extracurricular involvement. We also assist those who would like to assess their learning styles, interests, majors, goals and academic priorities.
Do you work with all types of students?
Dr. Hand-Gonzales is an expert in helping all students. Students will achieve the highest level given his or her qualifications. Work has been done with students interested in community college, technical school, state universities, private colleges, and Ivy League schools.
Do you work directly with the application process?
A review of the application including strategies, essay idea development, essay critique and review, protocol for recommendations, resume building, testing strategies, and mock interview process will be addressed.
How can I, as a parent, stay involved in the process?
No one knows your child better than you, so your input throughout the process would be very much appreciated. Please feel free to call or email at any time. Your child’s busy schedule including homework assignments, extracurricular activities, training and practices may leave you spinning your wheels—let your family save time on the admission process by working with your personal college advisor.
What will College Path do for my child?
- Show your student how to maximize their credentials
- Encourage and empower your student
- Provide a strategic understanding of the college admissions process
- Promote a collaborative process among College Path, your student, and yourself
- Help your student manage the application process
- Provide your student with a competitive edge
- Ask the right questions and listen to you and your student
- Help your family plan pragmatically
- Preserve the parent-child relationship during a critical transitional time
- Help make the college search process less stressful
- Develop a working resume and practice interview skills
- Tailor our services to your individual student and your family
- Retain perspective
- Give help and guidance without imposing biases
- Assist your students with learning how to make an important life decision
- Provide an outsider’s objective view on your family’s college investment
- Help you make informed decisions
What doesn’t College Path do?
- Will not provide you with “cookie cutter” services
- Does not force families to purchase unneeded services
- Can’t guarantee admission
- Does not write essays
- Doesn’t “over-package” students, and
- Is not consumed with the ranking or prestige of colleges and universities
What does College Path charge?
Our fees depend upon your needs. From an hourly rate to the unlimited package, a variety of services are offered. If you would like more details, email Dr. Hand-Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message here.